Beginner Questions

Posted by mikes02 
Beginner Questions
November 14, 2008 03:25PM
I was playing around with FlashEff, when I view my movie in Flash using (ctrl+enter) the movie plays fine, when I export and view the swf file, the movie says FlashEff up in the top left corner and all the text just sits there blinking, what am I doing wrong?

Also, I watched the banner creation video, but how do you know how many frames to make each layer in order for your text animation to play all the way through, the tutorial didn't cover that part.
Re: Beginner Questions
November 14, 2008 09:25PM
Are you using the premium version or the free version? The free version is made so that you can view it normally inside a debugging environment but you can't export it. If you have the full version and you are getting the same problem then there might have been an error when you installed the component.
November 15, 2008 12:12AM
FlashEFF Premium Unlimited
November 17, 2008 07:21AM
All FlashEff versions can be exported into .swf and viewed with the standard Flash Player, they don't require a debugging version for that. The problem of blinking FlashEff might have several causes: first of all, make sure that the exported .swf file is really opened with Flash Player 9 (if you also have Flash Player 8 installed, the OS might open the .swf files by default with Flash 8 - so you need to check this first); next, make sure there's no error inside your code (though if you sayed that in Flash IDE it works fine, you could rule this out); there could also be a problem with the Export in first frame option - please make sure you have it checked.

If you still don't manage to solve your problem, please write to the support team (support [at] jumpeyecomponents [dot] com), describe your problem to them and attach your source files to the mail. They will look at your files and try to help you out.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.