Flash CS3: Text Animation (Repeat)

Posted by lurker28 
Flash CS3: Text Animation (Repeat)
October 22, 2008 01:11AM
I have set up everything correctly for my text (Dynamic, Embed Font), however when it is time for the Movie Clip to replay the text effect animation nothing happens, not text appears it is just blank. There is no action script settings it is a brand new .fla file with a simple black background and text.

I have to be doing something wrong when setting up this scene, can you please tell me what I need to do in order for the text effect to repeat.
Re: Flash CS3: Text Animation (Repeat)
October 22, 2008 09:18AM
You can do it two ways:
- you can either use code to restart the animation (listen for the TRANSITION_END event so you know when it has finished)
- or you can leave the target text field and the FlashEff component instance on the stage for as many frames as the animation needs (you'll have to find out the number of frames it needs based on the duration of the effect and the frame rate of your file)
October 22, 2008 08:06PM
I have already done you request of setting up more frames for the remained of the rest of the animations. I have set it to 200 frames, which covers the direction of the animation, however once the animations trys to repeat itself the next will instantly pop up with out an animated tween.

I have already done this successfully with flasheff using the Movie Clip transitions, but it does not appear to be working correctly with the text. I have included a simple fla, you might be able to see what I am doing wrong. It is set up at 12 frames...but for the purpose of this I do not think it matters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2008 08:51PM by lurker28.
Attachments:
open | download - textrepeat.fla (240 KB)
October 23, 2008 08:47AM
I managed to look over your file and the solution is simple. Put the text field and the FlashEff instance on frame 2, not on frame 1, so FlashEff has enough time to reinitialize. Here is another related post: http://www.flasheff.com/forum/read.php?23,453.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.