how big is the texeff 2 component?

Posted by malana 
how big is the texeff 2 component?
October 15, 2008 01:59PM
hi, i want to buy the txeff 2. now. i like txeff1, but somehow the classes are too big.

what´s the size of the txeff2 classes?

thank you!
Re: how big is the texeff 2 component?
October 15, 2008 08:38PM
well, to define my question:
if i use txeff 1 in a web banner, the component itself is 32 KB, the different classes add to the size as well. so i´ll never get under 40 KB for a web banner, which is bad, since loads of pages can´t book them into their cms.
now i read, that the file size of txeff 2 decreased. my question: how big is the component, that has to be embedded??

thank you!
October 16, 2008 07:30AM
The component is a little over 20 KB. You can test the component by downloading and installing the free version of FlashEff, since TxEff2 is based on FlashEff - it's a limited version of FlashEff. You can find the download page right here: http://www.flasheff.com/freedownload/.
October 21, 2008 04:22PM
so i downloaded the free flasheff. the component itself is about 26 KB, if used on stage. it drastically increases in size, if i use any effect. so i won´t be able to reach my goal (a web banner under 30KB).
but if i delete the flasheff component, the size of my swf does not decrease - i am stuck with the 26 KB, even if it is not used anymore.
why?

don´t get me wrong: i don´t want to bitch around, i just want to buy the flash eff for text and have to check if it´s usable for me.
October 22, 2008 09:07AM
You need to remove it from the Library too. Unfortunately these are the sizes the component and pattern ads to the file and you can't get any lower than that. You could manage a 50k limit but the 30k limit is very tight. The component and patterns rely on heavy code which has to be imported into the fla file.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.