Link from my ad

Posted by shinokada 
Link from my ad
October 11, 2008 04:16PM
Please bear with my question. I'm just new to flash.

I just created an ad with flasheff. Now at the end I put "clidk her" so that people can direct to my website.

Can I put a link in flash? If so how do I do it?

Or the web master is supposed to put link like <a href="mywebsite">....?

Please advise me.

thanks in advance.
Re: Link from my ad
October 13, 2008 05:53AM
The simplest way is to place a transparent movie clip over your entire Flash banner and apply the FECNavigateToURL pattern: drag the a FlashEff instance on that transparent clip, bring up the FlashEff panel and from the "Button" tab select "Command". Next, add the FECNavigateToURL command to the list of commands and set it up to your needs (execute action on press or release mouse actions, the target URL that should open and target window where it should open).
October 13, 2008 06:11AM
Thank you for your reply.
Could you explain about a transparent movie clip?
How can I make it?

Thanks in advance.
October 13, 2008 06:34AM
Just place the movie clip in the stage and from the Properties panel look for the Color property. Open up the list and select Alpha. Then, turn the Alpha value down to 0% so your clip will be completely transparent. Another solution is to draw the movie clip directly with transparent colors (the Color panel).

This is basic Flash usage. On the Internet you can find a bunch of tutorials on learning Flash.
October 22, 2008 01:17PM
I tried to find the details how to do it for a begginers, but I am not able to find any.

Could anyone tell me any tutorial website how to place the movie clip in the stage?

do I need to have a movie clip to do this?
October 28, 2008 07:19AM
Just draw a shape on the stage, select it and transform it to movie clip (hit F8 or right-click on it and select "Convert to symbol" from the popup menu or use the main menu: Modify -> Convert to symbol). Once you converted it into a movie clip you can stretch it to have the same size as your stage, then make it transparent and add the code for the MouseEvent.CLICK event that would open a url using the navigateToURL() function.
October 28, 2008 10:30AM
negush, thanks for your help and patience.

I managed to do it. yeapy!!

I added flasheff> butoon> command> FECnavigateToURL and added the webaddress.

However when I hover the flash, the pointer does not change to a hand/finger.

How can I do it?
Thanks.
October 28, 2008 10:35AM
When I see it by clicking "Test movies", all is fine.

But after publishing it, I get a warning and then the following error.
SecurityError: Error #2028: Local-with-filesystem SWF file file:///C:/Users/sh.okada/ShinDocuments/flasheff/hypnoad/hypnowithlink_with_link_optimize.swf cannot access Internet URL [www.hypnoseforbundet.no].
at global/flash.net::navigateToURL()
at com.jumpeye.flashEff.command.navigateToURL::FECNavigateToURL/run()
at FlashEff/pressCommandHandler()

What am I doing wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2008 10:38AM by shinokada.
October 30, 2008 07:51AM
This is a security measure of the Flash player. When running .swf files on your local system, it doesn't allow accessing Internet resources without specific permission. You need to set the Flash player to allow the .swf file to access the Internet (normally, it should be working when tested in the Flash IDE or up on the Internet, on the same domain it tries to access). To set the permission for the Flash player, you need to press the Settings button in the error message dialog box, that will take you to this page http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html. You can read more about the Flash player security in Adobe's documentation.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.