Font size and spacing is altered after flasheff is applied :(

Posted by asabove01 
Font size and spacing is altered after flasheff is applied :(
September 19, 2008 10:11PM
I've tested it at every stage since using the font tool.

1) I use the font tool and test movie - the movie is the same as the stage
2) I embed the font - the movie test is the same as the stage
3) I apply FlashEff-glow for text, and as you can see, the font size is changed and the spacing is changed in the movie test (see attached image) - it no longer resembles what's on the stage. No matter what I do in CS3 from this point forward to increase the size, it remains altered.

-as
Attachments:
open | download - FontSize.jpg (199.7 KB)
Re: Font size and spacing is altered after flasheff is applied :(
September 20, 2008 07:50AM
With some more testing this morning I see that it only happens after a certain font size has been passed, around 120. The font that I am using needs to be adjusted to 160 to appear the size I desire in the document.

Is there a limitation on font size in FlashEff? I could (and will, if need be) attempt to adjust the entire font if I need to, but would like to know first if there is any way around this without having to start editing fonts.

Thanks for the forum, and the component. I think it's fantastic, I just seem to be running into problems.
September 22, 2008 06:45AM
We have tested FlashEff on several types of font, font faces and font sizes and it worked without problems. Also tested with a font size of 160 and it had no problems with it. Please write to the support team and send them your source files along with any other assets you use (like your font if it's free or there are no licensing problems): support [at] jumpeyecomponents [dot] com.
September 22, 2008 07:49PM
It's important to understand that the text engine used by FlashEff is very complex, but even though, there could be problems when rendering various fonts and when used with spacing, indentation, block indentation and so forth. To make sure that FlashEff works perfectly with your formated text I encourage you to use the free FlashEff version first before getting the Premium version. The text engine is included within the FlashEff free component, the premium package contains about 70 patterns more but it doesn't use a different FlashEff component, but they will render text using the engine included within the FlashEff component.
September 24, 2008 07:31PM
There would be licensing problems in sending the font, as this is a font I've purchased. I adjusted the font itself and it now works, it was a pain but at least it's working. The font is quite unique, and is unusually small in 12pt format.
September 25, 2008 05:57AM
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that the text animations will run on absolutely every font there is. We have tested them with quite a number of fonts and usually the animations work without problems and the text looks unaltered. Due to the large number of fonts out there, especially unique, artistic fonts, we cannot test the animations on all of them and have them work properly, so it's up to the users to set their font properties so the text looks good during the animations. Thank you for your understanding.
October 01, 2008 03:48PM
I meet same problemes.
I use a simple Arial font and i can't have a effect with more "120" size.
For exemple when i apply a "200" size to textfield, the show animation display a "120" size.
If "tagetvisible" is true the textfield comeback with initial size 120.
It's really strange. Could you help me please.
Thanks in advance
October 02, 2008 06:44AM
This is because Flash doesn't allow fonts that large. It allows a maximum font size of about 150. However, you can solve the problem by scaling the text field (change the scaleX and scaleY values), since everything it's vectorial.
December 11, 2008 08:20PM
for real... I spent an hour trying to figure out why my fonts were getting all messed up and this is why.. and now I either have to wrap every text instance in something and scale it that way or not use flasheff? are these my options?
December 12, 2008 07:14AM
You could scale directly the text field ;)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.