Looping Finished Movie Using Actionscript

Posted by philnorton 
Looping Finished Movie Using Actionscript
July 18, 2008 10:43PM
I'll admit, I know very little about Flash, and the FlashEff component has allowed me to create a very nice looking flash ad banner for a client. However, I need the banner to loop, and I'm assuming that I need to do this in Actionscript, ideally after around 5 seconds has passed. Anyone got any clues as to how this might be done?

TIA
Phil
Re: Looping Finished Movie Using Actionscript
July 22, 2008 01:43PM
We have now posted a few video tutorials that might help you in starting to understand and use FlashEff. The tutorials are very straightforward and all the necessary knowledge os very well explained. This is a tutorial on how to create a banner using FlashEff: http://www.flasheff.com/tutorials/webBanner.html and also, here is a tutorial on how to create a slide show: http://www.flasheff.com/tutorials/slideShowpres.html.

You should also check out all the other video tutorials we have: http://www.flasheff.com/tutorials/.

Hope this helps.
September 05, 2008 08:14PM
I have gone through the tutorials but have seen nothing that explains this. One tutorial explains how to add a button that causes the slide show to start over, but I am having problems creating an auto loop. On my AS layer in the last frame of the slide show, I placed a "gotoAndPlay(1);" command. It does respond, but on the second loop, it begins to skip some slides, (the 2nd and 4th ones), and then eventually falls into a loop of just the first slide.
September 08, 2008 05:33AM
Please make sure you have added enough frames to your FlashEff animations. For example, in case your flash movie has a frame rate of 30 fps, you would need 60 frames for a 2 seconds animation.
September 15, 2008 07:44PM
negush Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please make sure you have added enough frames to
> your FlashEff animations. For example, in case
> your flash movie has a frame rate of 30 fps, you
> would need 60 frames for a 2 seconds animation.

This was the problem... thanks very much.
January 29, 2009 11:13PM
Have the same problem. I have several text animations coming in sequence. At the end of the last one, I want to start the whole clip again starting at frame 1 (infiinte loop). I tried to add the number of frames you mentioned (though I'm not sure how to be sure I add the exact number of frames) but not way. It doesn't work....HELP. Thanks in advance.
January 30, 2009 01:39PM
bressst
maybe your problem is different from the others...so you may need to add a blank keyframe next to the last frame. if not, just see what is your frame rate and how many frames do you have, in order to check the seconds you set for flash eff
February 23, 2009 02:17PM
How do I loop my Effin video? It's so good and it's a shame this hiccup is stopping me doing my best with it!
February 23, 2009 03:42PM
If you would did a quick search you would have found a lot of ways to create a loop. Here is another way: listen to the Transition End listener of the component.
myEffect is the FlashEff component instance name.

myEffect.addEventListener(FLASHEFFEvents. TRANSITION_END, transitionEndHandler);
function transitionEndHandler(evtObj:FLASHEFFEvents): void
{ if(myEffect.currentTransitionType=="hide")
{ trace("The transition has ended.");
this.gotoAndPlay(1);
}
}
February 23, 2009 09:02PM
Ionut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you would did a quick search you would have
> found a lot of ways to create a loop. Here is
> another way: listen to the Transition End listener
> of the component.
> myEffect is the FlashEff component instance name.
>
> myEffect.addEventListener(FLASHEFFEvents.
> TRANSITION_END, transitionEndHandler);
> function
> transitionEndHandler(evtObj:FLASHEFFEvents): void
> { if(myEffect.currentTransitionType=="hide")
> { trace("The transition has ended.");
> this.gotoAndPlay(1);
> }
> }

I am getting this error when I add the actionscript
Description: 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: FLASHEFFEvents.
Source: function transitionEndHandler(evtObj:FLASHEFFEvents): void

Any ideas?

I forgot to add
import com.jumpeye.Events.FLASHEFFEvents;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2009 09:48PM by phoenixcoyotes.
February 24, 2009 07:19AM
I'm sorry I didn't add that, my bad. If anything comes up let me know.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.