Can I apply effect to MC or Sprite dynamically created?

Posted by ghitacostas 
Can I apply effect to MC or Sprite dynamically created?
March 07, 2009 08:14PM
Hey guys, I need to apply an effect to a Sprite that's not an actual movieclip in the library, it's created in actionscript dynamically, it's a container for an image loaded externaly. I've tried with no luck.
Can i do that, or it has to be physically in the library for me to be able to add the effect?

Thanks a lot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2009 11:53PM by ghitacostas.
Re: Can I apply effect to MC or Sprite dynamically created?
March 09, 2009 08:12AM
Hi ghitacostas,
Yes, you can add the FlashEff effect on you container, although, you need to make sure your container is not empty and the image is fully loaded, only then you can add the FlashEff component otherwise you will get an error.
March 09, 2009 07:50PM
Thanks for the reply. I got it working as far as showing the FlashEff Filter, but now the target's not in its assigned position, the effect threw it from stage.stageWidth to 0. wonder why is doing that...
Thanks again Ionut.
March 10, 2009 08:58AM
There are a few things that might cause that, but you should put the container in which the images are loaded into another container created on the stage. This way the image loaded will take the positions of newly created movieclip.
For example, if you want to put the image at x=100, y=50 than create the movieclip at this position on the stage.
March 10, 2009 10:15AM
Right, and now how would I include the dynamically created container into a physical movie clip on the stage?
Thanks for these prompt responses.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.