Show and hide transitions questions

Posted by mentality 
Show and hide transitions questions
February 24, 2009 10:35PM
How do I hide a symbol in Flash Eff after the symbol has been on stage for 20 frames It does not seem to work as I used a symbol animation to show which works fine, the symbol needs to stay on stage for 20 frames until I was using the hide in the same component. So I added a keyframe on the timeline of the frame I want the transition to start hiding. Is this the right way to do?
Re: Show and hide transitions questions
February 25, 2009 01:53AM
In the FlashEff Panel look under the Hide Button. You should see Pattern/Tween/Swap..etc. Choose the hide pattern you would like to use (it can be anything you want). After choosing the pattern Click on the Tween button. The tweenDuration slide is how many seconds the effect last on screen for. Under Options you'll see a delay heading with a number in there. That's how long the Hide effect waits before activating.

If your project is set to use 20 Frames-Per-Second that means you want the delay number to be 1. That way the symbol would stay onscreen for exactly 1 second before activating the hide animation and disappearing. But remember that the hide effect takes time to display which is that tweenDuration amount.
Re: Show and hide transitions questions
February 25, 2009 04:47AM
Thx as I had found this out after I wrote the question. I got it after a while but it is a bit confusing at first but it would be so much better to use the components like adding a keyframe to end the animation and hide in that keyframe and then using the delay but at least I got it. Ohh one other thing, is there going to be a fix for the optimize?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.