browse gallery

Posted by dc 
browse gallery
January 21, 2009 01:24PM
I am not able to access these effects.
The standard ones work properly, but when I go to browse effects, the wheel just spins forever.
I have high speed cable internet, am logged onto your site and my internet is working properly.
Re: browse gallery
January 22, 2009 03:05PM
Can you use the free patterns in the FlashEff panel? Do you have any error message displayed?
You could try to reinstall the component but first don't forget to uninstall it.
February 12, 2009 11:54PM
same here, everything works, but the spinning wheel haunts me as well. can anyone from the team answer the question? german os x 10.5.6 with english cs4 here!
February 13, 2009 08:01AM
First thing you do is to check your firewall, make sure it does not block your Flash.
In order for FlashEff to work properly it should be installed in a directory settings like in the following example:
boot drive\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\ Flash CS3\language\Configuration\Components\FlashEff Patterns
boot drive = the drive where you have installed your windows(by default is C:)
user = is the user name that you are using.
language = the language of your Flash, not of you OS.

If this does not work please tell us and we will work something out.
February 13, 2009 01:26PM
thanks fpr the tips, but i am running os x. the language problem can be solved, if the extension manager is opened from within flash, so the extensions will be installed into the correct folder (opposed to starting the extension manager from the applications menu - then there is a mixup with the languages).

weird enough, i have an imac as well. if I start the "browse gallery" feature there, i can connect to the text effects and everything works fine, but I can´t see the tab for the pic effects. (at my other mac, I can see the two tabs for text and pic effects, but cannot connect). My firewall doesn´t block any outgoing or incoming connections...hmmm.
February 18, 2009 09:07AM
We have testet the component on a bunch om Mac's but none of them seem to have your problem. I think your problem is OS related rather then FlashEff related.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.