Hide on Button Press

Posted by kenny1 
Hide on Button Press
January 14, 2009 02:16PM
Hi
Is there a simple way i can make a MC animation wait after the SHOW for user input before the HIDE starts. ie PRESS CONTINUE and the animation hides

I assume I need to turn off the autoplay of the HIDE and manually send a comand to the FE via an EventHandler, but what command?

I think a FLA example of this would make a welcome addition to the Sample Files with the download.

Thanks
Re: Hide on Button Press
January 15, 2009 09:16AM
I have attached a file with a simple example about how to control "hide" method via an eventHandler, but i think also the documentation from the link below, would be helpful.
[www.flasheff.com]
January 15, 2009 12:50PM
Many thanks florodebat

Although I could not see the Attachment, I will try to get my head around the Methods in FE.

I have been away from Flash for about a year and my brain seems to have leaked out all I thought I had learned.
So if you could re attatch that example file it would help me soooo much

Thanks again
January 15, 2009 02:08PM
Sorry. I forgot to attach the file.
Attachments:
open | download - pressAndHide.fla (288 KB)
January 15, 2009 03:41PM
Absolutley what I was looking for, cant beieve how simple it turned out to be.

Once again, thanks very much
January 16, 2009 02:08PM
It looks like my doubt can solve other people problems. Thanks for the quick answers. :)
January 29, 2009 09:31PM
Can anyone tell what I need to type so the timeline gotoAndPlay some frame after the flasheff animation ends?
January 30, 2009 12:59PM
Here is an example on how you can do that using the FLASHEFFEvents.TRANSITION_END:

import com.jumpeye.Events.FLASHEFFEvents;

myEffect.addEventListener(FLASHEFFEvents. TRANSITION_END, transitionEndHandler);

function transitionEndHandler(evtObj: FLASHEFFEvents):void {

gotoAndPlay();

}
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.