Do you really need 150 per animation in your FLA?

Posted by professorgiles 
Do you really need 150 per animation in your FLA?
January 09, 2009 10:26PM
I am trying to put together a simple banner animation using a few movie clips, and some dynamic text. The problem I am having is getting the animations to play in sequence. It seems that it only works when I give each FlashEff animation instance 150 frames to play out until the next animation takes over.

is this necessary for everything to work? At this rate I'm going to end up with an FLA with about 2500 frames and potentially very heavy in file size. I've been spending a few hours trying to figure out a work around, so instead of frustrating myself to tears, I come to this forum for your sage advice.

Thanks in advance,
michael
Re: Do you really need 150 per animation in your FLA?
January 13, 2009 04:38AM
You could cut down on frames by adjusting the delay time for each effect "Flasheff Panel -> Show or Hide ->Options". If you stagger their times you could probably just increment everything by 1 frame.
Re: Do you really need 150 per animation in your FLA?
January 13, 2009 07:56AM
You can also set delays for the show effects - just set the showDelay property (which by default is 0). So you can set the show effect for your second animation to start after the entire first animation (show tweenDuration + hideDelay + hide tweenDuration). You can do that for all your FlashEff animations and you could even place all of them on the same frame. Just remember to make your target objects invisible (set visible to false) so they do not appear on the stage before their show effect actually starts.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.