Apply Hide pattern to entire stage??

Posted by sjr 
Apply Hide pattern to entire stage??
January 02, 2009 03:34AM
Is there a way to take all the objects currently on stage (after they've done their animations, for instance) and turn them into a single object which could then have a FlashEff hide effect applied to it? it seems a simpler solution than fussing with the timing of all the hide effects so they wipe the stage clean in a pleasing way.

Thanks,
Steve
Re: Apply Hide pattern to entire stage??
January 02, 2009 03:11PM
You could create by code another movie clip container and take all of the objects on stage and reassign their parent to the movie clip and then apply the FlashEff to that container clip. You can only do this by writing code.
January 02, 2009 05:37PM
Thanks, negush! Am enjoying FlashEff and have a sense that I've only uncovered the tip of the iceberg.
Do you have any text(s) you'd recommend for learning AS3?
Steve
January 05, 2009 07:02AM
In my personal opinion the Help of Flash is quite good enough to get you started with ActionScript 3. It has things pretty well explained plus examples. Also, I think that Colin Moock's book - Essential ActionScript 3.0 - would be of great help.
January 08, 2009 05:20AM
Thanks. I'll check into both.
February 22, 2009 04:39AM
Negush,
I'm in process with Colin Moock's book and have been working with your Document Class sample, and am still not able to get this to work.
I've attached a simple fla. Can you give me an idea of what I've missed?

Thanks,
Steve
Attachments:
open | download - cruise.fla (748.5 KB)
February 23, 2009 09:58AM
Hi sjr,

I can answer your question.
You only have to set the hide effect from the FlashEff component on the top left. Here is what you should do:
Select the top- left component(the one that creates the show effect for the entire page)
Set the delay whatever you want( long enough to display the cruise whit us text and picture), do this by clicking the Hide tab than on the second row go to the right and select the option tab, there you will find the delay parameter, set it as you please.
When you are done with the delay go and select the hide effect from the Hide tab. Hit the Hide tab from the first row than go to the first tab on the second row and select your transition.
This should do the trick.
If anythings comes up let me know.
February 24, 2009 04:07AM
Lonut,

If you are referring to the FlashEff component on the timeline movieclip named"bkgr1", then this is not a solution. Putting a delayed hide on that object does indeed hide it, but it does nothing to the other objects on the stage (in this case only 1: "come").

Negush had suggested that the answer lay in creating a new mc using actionscript (see AS frame 1), then at some point make the parent of each stage object be that mc: "myClip", so by the end of the frames all objects are contained within "myClip". Now, again within AS code, create a FlashEff object to effect "myClip" and run the hide effect on that object... and magically, all on stage object disappear smoothing as one.

That's what I attempted in the fla I attached, but the code (AS in Frame 105) is not doing the deed.
February 24, 2009 09:14AM
Quote:
If you are referring to the FlashEff component on the timeline movieclip named"bkgr1", then this is not a solution. Putting a delayed hide on that object does indeed hide it, but it does nothing to the other objects on the stage (in this case only 1: "come").
You can always do the same thing with the "come cruise with us" text as well.
And If I may add another thing, you really don't need all that code. You can just put the FlashEff on the stage and put as many components as you like, and only play with the delay settings. There is a delay settings for Show and for Hide, that is enough to let you toy with the effects as you like. And if that is not enough you can add an event listener on the end transition of your desired Component( in your case you could add it to the bkgr1 component and when that one is done just play the "come" thext) and then just start that transition of the component which you would like to play. You can find tons of examples right here on the forum or you can go to [www.flasheff.com] and take a look at an example.
February 24, 2009 12:53PM
I'm well aware of the options you suggest. The only problem is that they do not solve the problem that this thread introduces.
The fla that was submitted is an attempt to follow the suggestion offered by Negush (in the second post) to the question I raised in the first post.

The question now is why that solution, especially the code in frame 105, does not work.
February 24, 2009 02:52PM
As I recall you were just introduced to Flash, and what Negush suggested is dedicated to the more experienced AS3 coders. The easiest way to do the thing you want to do is by creating a movieclip like you have already done in your example(I am talking about the bkgr1), and then put inside of that movieclip the rest of the movieclip with the components (in your example there was only one other movieclip: "cruise"). Remove all frames and leave just the one with the movieclip mentioned above. Delete all code. Compile.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.