effects run at differeent times on different PCs

Posted by coolaking 
effects run at differeent times on different PCs
December 09, 2008 05:32PM
I am using texteff combined with with image fades on layers to create an animation for a website

The problem is timing is out on different PCs so sometimes the effect starts too late or too early

How can I make them consistent so it runs the same on all PCs??
Re: effects run at differeent times on different PCs
December 10, 2008 01:13AM
I'm a novice in the world of flash but have you tried preloading your swf?
December 10, 2008 07:50AM
The animations also depend on the CPU. Because some animations are more CPU intensive than others, some slower computers might have a hard time displaying the animation as it should. However, there shouldn't be a big difference between the animations running on different computers.
December 10, 2008 10:33AM
The animation runs fine when run just as an swf but completely different timimg when put in a webpage and viewed offline on my PC

On the two different PCs I have it runs at different times, the effects come in and out at different key points

The background animations are simple fades or tweens on a timeline

What is the best way to approach this problem to get consistent results

The movie can be viewed here

[test9.uc4.co.uk]
December 11, 2008 07:05AM
Try to send over your source files to the support team (support [at] jumpeyecomponents [dot] com) and they'll see what they can do.
December 12, 2008 09:04AM
I've tested the files you sent and the .fla that was out of time in the text field did run differently in browsers. I've tested the animation in the stand alone Flash Player 9.0.115 and the Flash player 10 I had in my browsers. Here's the result of the test:
- Google Chrome build 0.4.154.29 (Flash Player 10) - Win XP SP3 - banner runs slightly faster than in the stand alone Flash Player(9.0.115)
- Opera 9.62 (Flash Player 10) - Win XP SP3 - banner runs slightly faster than in the stand alone Flash Player(9.0.115)
- Firefox 3.0.4 (Flash Player 10) - Win XP SP3 - banner runs slightly faster than in the stand alone Flash Player(9.0.115)
- Internet Explorer 7.0.5730 (Flash Player 10) - Win XP SP3 - banner runs slower than in the stand alone Flash Player(9.0.115)
- Safari 3.1.2 (Flash Player 10) - Win XP SP3 - banner runs slightly faster than in the stand alone Flash Player(9.0.115)

Unfortunately it is highly possible that your flash animations run differently in browsers (not just FlashEff or TxEff animation). It depends on the Flash Player version you have installed in your browser, on the browser you use and the version of the browser and also on the CPU you have.

The solution would be make the animation not to depend on the time in seconds but on the frames. So when there's a FlashEff or TxEff2 animation starting, make sure it has enough frames to finish the animation and the hide animation should use a different FlashEff or TxEff2 instance. For example the show-display-hide animation sequence of your text should use two different TxEff2 instances: one for the show animation; then remove the TxEff2 instance while the text is only displayed; and use another TxEff2 instance for the hide animation. However, this solution may not be the bets one, but it would help.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.