flasheff demo can not install on intel mac!

Posted by juniorcom 
flasheff demo can not install on intel mac!
November 18, 2008 10:32PM
hello,

i would like to test the tool and i have downloaded the demo tool an installed it with the extension manager, but i can't use the tool in flash cs3 on my imac 24" with mac osx 10.5.5. also i have problms with other components.

it could be an bug in my flash???

can anybody can help me.

thanks from germany
rené
Attachments:
open | download - Bild 1.png (72.3 KB)
Re: flasheff demo can not install on intel mac!
November 19, 2008 07:25AM
The Flash components (not just FlashEff) should be installing fine on Mac OS. We've tested them and we are using them on Mac OS X 10.5.5 without any problem (I have a an Intel based MacBook Pro). If you say you are from Germany, I'm guessing you are using the German language version of Adobe Flash CS3 in German :). In that case it is possible that Extension Manager didn't install them in the correct location. As for as I know this is a bug of Adobe Extension Manager: it installs the components in the English configuration folder (en) and not in the config folder corresponding to the Flash CS3 language version you have (de). In this case, we have a knowledge base article that might help you out: https://www.jumpeyecomponents.com/knowledgebase/*-Flash-~-general-use-problems/After-installation-components-do-not-show-up-in-Components-panel~1051/.
November 19, 2008 03:20PM
hello,

thanks, you are right it was installed in the en folder And ia have put all in the de folder. but now i have the component but i couldt use the effects. this information is shown. "select a FlashEff component from stage" where is the stage??? i would like to test this tool bevor i buy but it doesn't work.
Attachments:
open | download - Bild 2.png (22.2 KB)
November 20, 2008 07:20AM
As the message says, you need to select a FlashEff instance on the stage. So you would have to have a FlashEff component on the stage for the panel to display something. Just drag the FlashEff component over a text field or movie clip from the stage and then select it and open the panel. Please follow our video tutorials: http://www.flasheff.com/tutorials/. They will show you how to use the component.
November 20, 2008 09:38PM
Your component does NOT install on a Mac. I am running 10.5.5, and when I installed the free demo of Text Eff, Flash hung on the title screen, and would not open. When I uninstalled the component, Flash would crash before it even got that far.
I had to reboot and cross my fingers just to get Flash up and running again.
Your component does NOT install on a Mac.
November 21, 2008 07:28AM
We are actually using the component on Mac OS X 10.5.5 without any problems. Is there any error message displaying ?
November 24, 2008 04:19PM
No, there's no message... Flash doesn't even start up.
November 25, 2008 07:02AM
I'm really sorry. At this point the only idea that comes into mind is to try to reinstall Adobe Flash and the TxEff2 component (by the way, TxEff2 is working in Flash CS4 too on Mac OS X). Please let me know how it goes.
November 25, 2008 03:00PM
I'm having a similar problem - the component doesn't show up at all. Anyone have any ideas?

Alan McNeill.//
November 25, 2008 03:05PM
Never mind, it has to be an actionscript 3 file...
November 26, 2008 07:08AM
FlashEff is an ActionScript 3.0 component so you need to choose a new ActionScript 3.0 project from the File -> New menu, otherwise the AS3 components (none of them) will not show up in the components panel.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.