Permanent Internet Connection required to use TxEff premium Patterns

Posted by ssteward54 
Permanent Internet Connection required to use TxEff premium Patterns
November 17, 2008 05:03PM
I recently purchased txEff2 and when I try to go to the TxEff2 panel in Flash, I get an error saying Connection failed: You need a permanent Internet connection to use TxEff premium patterns. We use a proxy server at my work, so I'm guessing this has something to do with it. Can you tell me any way to use proxy server settings for the TxEff component, or even what server/ports it's try ing to communicate with? Thanks.
Re: Permanent Internet Connection required to use TxEff premium Patterns
November 18, 2008 06:59AM
Actually there are no settings for the TxEff2 or FlashEff component/panel. The panels access the Internet through Adobe Flash. So all you have to do is make sure that Adobe Flash has access to the Internet (firewalls and proxies should be set to allow it). Usually Adobe Flash uses port 80 to access the Internet so it should have permission as an application.
Re: Permanent Internet Connection required to use TxEff premium Patterns
November 27, 2008 02:44AM
I purchased the FlashEff Premium today and had this same issue. For me it was in fact a firewall issue (I use McAfee Security Center). I doubted that was the problem at first since I was able to reach the internet through flash, but after looking in the McAfee settings 'Flash.exe' was Blocked from "FULL ACCESS" (Incoming and Outgoing). I allowed Flash.exe full access and it worked instantly. (:D
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.