Eff2 and Flex documentation

Posted by DavidSimmons 
Eff2 and Flex documentation
January 15, 2010 03:04AM
I am not having very much luck with the documentation. When you copy the code from the panel it never works. The examples are not very real world. I want to put a lens flare on a mxml label. Seems simple. Any have a working example? I would appreciate it.
Re: Eff2 and Flex documentation
January 28, 2010 02:38PM
Hi,

The documentation available is all we have on this moment but maybe we will add some other examples in the future. We recommend the Flex version only for those who own advanced coding skills in Flex 3/4. We also specified very clear that our support will not cover your coding skills and we never engaged to learn you AS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2010 02:39PM by florodebat.
February 08, 2010 02:50PM
sry for hijacking

Is there some ASDoc (or similar) available somewhere, or will there be in the future?

At the moment I am making do with the introspection features in FDT
February 08, 2010 06:10PM
I can't say I'd be pushed to purchase, as without any documentation the $99 version's addition of AS3 coding extensions is pretty useless. I want to use some of these nice effects in my projects, but I'm not paying double so I can use some web panel, it's a bit cheeky, get some decent Docs and people will fork out the money.
February 09, 2010 01:47PM
electricrainmaker,

there is an "ActionScript3.0 Usage" documentation file that is included in the downloaded package. It contains details about about all the component's properties methods and events.

bdoran,

I can see you didn't bought the Flex version of the component till now . However just for your information, the Flex version comes with an "ActionScript3.0 Usage" documentation file and with a few included tutorials. The online Panel was created to make your work easier by providing the AS3 code and we never said that it' purpose is to learn you to integrate a certain component with Flex_Builder. You really need advanced AS skills in order to use our component with Flex_Builder.
March 09, 2010 06:18AM
I see the documentation and i tried to make works the swap function with two images and i can not makes work, i tried 3 or 4 different steps and nothing, i followed the documentation.

Thanks in advance, Omar
March 24, 2010 04:14PM
kropijac,

Please open a new support ticket , attach the source files and the guys from the technical department will take a closer look in order to find what certain you made wrong there.

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]
July 28, 2010 04:21PM
Here's my 2 cents worth:

I can get MXML projects working with the provided .swc files but if I create an Actionscript Project in Flex 4 and add the FlashEFF2Flex swc files to the project library I get nothing but errors. I'm currently in touch with jumpeye support trying to resolve it. I'm begining to suspect that they may not work properly in a Flex Actionscript 3 project (as opposed to an MXML project).

Here's some rationale. The AS3 Usage Guide in the Flex specific folder tells me to press CTRL-Enter to test my effect. This is a Flash authoring keyboard command.

To be honest, this whole purchase has an air of 'very unfinished' about it.

If anyone can shed any light on the matter it would be very useful.

I'm using Flex 4, SDK4.1, Windows Vista. I use Flex for Actionscript 3 projects.

Many thanks in advance....

D
July 29, 2010 08:32AM
Problem solved!

For Flex 4 users / SDK 4.1 / FlashEff2Flex / AS3 projects

Go to Project/Properties and in the Build path libraries add an additional reference:

You have to target the build path to the right language.
For doing this you need to:
-go to Properties->ActionScriptBuildPanel Path - >Library Path->Add SWC folder
-and select C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.1.0\frameworks\locale\en_US (will be different on MacOSX)

Hope that helps others

D
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.