Flash eff2 component boxes show up in SWF
August 12, 2011 03:07PM
I created a banner using Flash eff2 effects for the text. The SWF looks fine on my computer, however when my client puts it on their home page, you can see little rectangles where the components are located in the timeline. They are grey and the flash on/off as the SWF plays.

My client has set the html to transparent window mode for the Flash because they have little button controls they put on top of the Flash banners, and the cycle out 4 different banners.

But when I open the FLA and publish it using transparent window mode in the HTML Wrapper settings, I don't see the components.

Anyone experience this before? THanks!
Re: Flash eff2 component boxes show up in SWF
October 10, 2011 06:56PM
tallscot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I created a banner using Flash eff2 effects for
> the text. The SWF looks fine on my computer,
> however when my client puts it on their home page,
> you can see little rectangles where the components
> are located in the timeline. They are grey and the
> flash on/off as the SWF plays.
>
> My client has set the html to transparent window
> mode for the Flash because they have little button
> controls they put on top of the Flash banners, and
> the cycle out 4 different banners.
>
> But when I open the FLA and publish it using
> transparent window mode in the HTML Wrapper
> settings, I don't see the components.
>
> Anyone experience this before? THanks!

Hello,

It would be helpful if this question got addressed, as I am currently having the exact same problem. The boxes do not appear on the swf If played from my computer, or various other machines. However, they do appear on my bosses computer. If hardware is the issue here, then this needs to be addressed so I can prepare my future presentations accordingly.
October 11, 2011 07:34AM
What you are experiencing usually happens when your target is not added on fixed position on the stage. You will need to put the target object at round coordinates. Also it's quite important as well to have round number for your target's dimension.
This could also happens when the zoom in your browser is not set at 100%. Normally if view mode is set at 100% everything will look ok.
October 11, 2011 07:24PM
kneo Wrote:
> What you are experiencing usually happens when
> your target is not added on fixed position on the
> stage. You will need to put the target object at
> round coordinates. Also it's quite important as
> well to have round number for your target's
> dimension.
> This could also happens when the zoom in your
> browser is not set at 100%. Normally if view mode
> is set at 100% everything will look ok.

Thank you for your reply.
Can you please explain what you mean about "putting a target object at round coordinates"?.
And , as far as a target's dimensions, are you saying that my movie clip's dimensions must equate to a round number? If you could please provide me with some examples of what you mean, I would be grateful.

As these movies are created to be presented, they were not designed with an internet browser in mind. They will be run solely from
Flash Player. Are you saying that this problem can persist if the movie is played larger or smaller than 100% ?

Any more help you can provide would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
October 12, 2011 02:58PM
By round coordinates and dimensions I mean that you need to have integer values for x,y, width and height. See this screen capture [screencast.com]
October 17, 2011 01:33PM
kneo Wrote:
> By round coordinates and dimensions I mean that
> you need to have integer values for x,y, width and
> height. See this screen capture
> [screencast.com]

Thank you for the clarification. I will give this a try, and see if this remedies the problem.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.