Consecutive Movieclips

Posted by user443631 
Consecutive Movieclips
October 02, 2010 08:04PM
Hi,
I'm completely new to FlashEff and pretty clueless about Flash and especially Actionscript. So would appreciate some help with this question:

I have a few movieclips created, each of which involves a combination of FlashEff effects, involving mostly show and hide of images and text. I want to be able to play each movie clip one after the other, but I seem to need to do a whole lot of calculation to work out how many frames each movieclip needs to play, and then insert that number of frames into my timeline before placing the next mmovieclip on the timeline. This makes for a monster timeline (maybe that's normal?) and also means that any alteration in the duration of a movieclip necessitates similar alterations to the overall timeline.

My goal is to be able to have a movieclip play to completion, and then go on to the next one - without having to juggle frames on the main timeline. Is there a simple way to do this using ActionScript?

Apologies if this is a completely goofy question - I'm a newbie! Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Janet
Re: Consecutive Movieclips
October 04, 2010 02:24PM
That's quite simple.
Here is a short video tutorial on how you should do this:
[screencast.com]
Instead of copy/paste, what I did, you can chose your own show and hide effects but the command on hide effects needs to stay the same.
October 05, 2010 05:16AM
Thanks SO much - that was very helpful in showing me a little more of what I can do with FlashEff. I was able to reproduce the example you gave.

Unfortunately I still haven't quite got to where I need to be. The problem is that my Movie Clips contain an image (with a show/hide) and then some text (with a separate show/hide) and so the FlashEff is embedded within the MC. So the nextFrame does not work on the main timeline, if I'm understanding it correctly.

Is there something simple that can be done in this situation?

Thanks again for the help - very much appreciated!
October 05, 2010 11:09AM
Sure there is a simple way, you can call nextFrame method on the parent.
parent.nextFrame
October 05, 2010 04:47PM
HUGE help - just what this newbie needed! Thanks again.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.