One Layer or Two?

Posted by rkligman 
One Layer or Two?
April 28, 2010 02:53PM
The manual always says, create your Text/Symbol, then drop the FE2 component on it. I opened Tutorial 1 last night and noticed that it put the Movie Clip on Layer 1 and the FE2 component on Layer 2. It all worked and I was able to duplicate that behvior myself.

1. I'm very confused as to why it worked

2. I'm left to wonder why the different layers were used in the first place? Should I make this the way I use FE2?

Rick Insane Diego...
Re: One Layer or Two?
May 05, 2010 02:48PM
May 11, 2010 02:58PM
rkligman,

1. Putting the flasheff2 component onto a different layer than it's target layer does not affecting the well functionality of the animation. You can put them as you wish.

2. We usually recommend to use different layers for the flasheff instance and it's target object. In that way you will have a nice an clear structure and any possible malfunction is prevented.
May 29, 2010 05:10PM
> 2. We usually recommend to use different layers
> for the flasheff instance and it's target object.
> In that way you will have a nice an clear
> structure and any possible malfunction is
> prevented.

I have tried to put the component on a separate layer but get the error: FLASHEFF2 ERROR: Target must be a non-null DisplayObject.
May 31, 2010 01:59PM
gl3ny,

Please click the flasheff2 component on the stage, open flasheff2 panel> Misc tab an make sure that the _targetInstanceName field is filled with he instance name of the object you want to animate. If that field is not filled with the instaceName of the object you want to animate with Flasheff2, then you will have to redrag the component and let it snap over the target object.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.