creating a looping slideshow

Posted by deejayhant 
creating a looping slideshow
April 12, 2010 09:43PM
Hi - I would LOVE to be able to achieve this - I have created a fla with three images that should adequately describe what I want - basically, just having the effect overlay, so img1 with transition, 2 seconds later, img2 with transition replacing img1 etc...

I realise also that each image will need to be removed if we are to avoid processor overload!

The link to the source file has been removed because it contained the full version of the component. Please note that you are not allowed to attach or to expose here the full version of the component. You are allow to attach the source files which contains the full version of the component only along with the ticket system.

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]

Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Daniel Hart
www.djh-graphics.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2010 06:08AM by florodebat.
Re: creating a looping slideshow
April 13, 2010 11:42AM
deejayhant,

Bellow is a link where you can find an example which behaves similar to your request. That example contains the free version of the FlashEff2 component.

[www.jumpeye.com]

I hope this helps but if you need further help please open a new support ticket:

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]
April 13, 2010 12:00PM
Hi - well, that is really helpful, thanks - but I am puzzled as to how to adapt it. Here is a list of the SHOW/HIDE delay for the file you provided me with.

1st image - SHOW delay 15 - HIDE delay 2
2nd image - SHOW delay 4.5 - HIDE delay 5
3rd image - SHOW delay 10 - HIDE delay 2

I can't make sense of it. What if I had 10 images, and just wanted them changing every two seconds? I don't know where to start with that!

PS sorry for attaching the full version of component, had no idea this could be used by anybody!
April 16, 2010 10:46AM
Here is the calculation you have to make in order to find which is the showDelay value for each of the flasheff instance if you want to show a new image on every 2 seconds.

The first flasheff2 instance needs to have the "showDelay" parameter set to 2 seconds. The following flasheff 2 instances needs to have the "showDelay" parameter set to :

the showDelay value of the previous flasheff2 instance + showTweenDuration of the current flasheff instance + 2 seconds the time between the slides.

Let's say you are using an effect which has the show effect tweenDuration parameter set to 1 second. If you want to create a ten images slideshow then here are the delays you should set for each image effect:

1) 2
2) 2+1+2 = 5
3) 5+1+2 = 8
4) 8+1+2 = 11
5) 11+1+2 = 14

I hope this helps.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.