Using FE Buttons to create timeline controls (not FLV, but timeline)

Posted by tphoto 
Using FE Buttons to create timeline controls (not FLV, but timeline)
September 09, 2009 04:28PM
To put it nicely, I am "AS3 challenged." What FECCallFunctions functionPath and parameters do I need to create separate buttons to stop, play, fast forward and rewind the main timeline? (I miss the relative simplicity of AS2, but I've almost completed this project with some nice FE 2 effects.)
Re: Using FE Buttons to create timeline controls (not FLV, but timeline)
September 10, 2009 06:52AM
FECCallFunctions will call a function. For example you have a button that, when clicked, goes to the first frame of the time line.
Add FlashEff2 on it, select the command FECCallFunctions and in functionPath write gotoAndPlay and in the parameter field write the frame that you want to go.
September 11, 2009 12:41AM
I tried using the FECCallFunctions as you described above. I tried to get it to go to frame 2. It didn't seem to work. I also tried the Command FECGoToFrame. What want it to do now is just go to frame 2. I put in the frame area 2. The name of my scene is "Main". I tried 2, "Main" I changed the Command over to FECNavigateToURL, tested it and it worked. I changed it back to both FECCallFunction as you described above, tested, didn't work. I tried FECGoToFrame, tested, didn't work. It seems like you've made this very easy, but I find my results to not be consistent with FE 2. Could be user error, but I can't seem to get certain Commands to work.
September 11, 2009 08:44AM
Hi tphoto,

I'm sorry you are having problems with the component, but there must be something you did wrong as I did an example not so long ago for a client that did just what you asked and it worked fine.
Could you please send your files to our support staff and I will take look at them and see what exactly is wrong? Or if you prefer to attach it here(through your FTP server) that is fine with me.
Thanks you for your patience,

-Ionut
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.