Anyone use FlashEff in Zmags?

Posted by atlantic 
Anyone use FlashEff in Zmags?
July 27, 2009 01:24PM
We're a small publishing company that uses Zmags (www.zmags.com) to put our publications online for our clients. Unfortunately it seems that FlashEff is incompatible with Zmags once it's integrated into a publication. Zmags requires the flash files to be set up in such a way for any Flash file to display correctly. Basically there needs to be a canvas layer which helps Zmags determine the size of the file, then there needs to be an animation layer, where you place a movie clip containing the animation, then there is an AS layer that uses the following code to have the animation to play again when a users flips back and forth from one page to another:

animation.stop();

function startAnimation():void {
	animation.play();
}

function stopAnimation():void {
	animation.stop();
}

Setting up the Flash file is not the problem it's the above AS that's not working. Seems, FlashEff ignores the above AS code. As a result the following happens:

1. The integrated Flash files briefly flash then restarts when a page loads in the publication.
2. After the Flash files load, when a user goes to another page, then returns to the page with the Flash file on it, the Flash either loads without animation, or does not load at all leaving empty spaces where the animations should be.

So basically what I'm asking is, if anyone else uses Zmags and if they got FlashEff to work and if so how. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Anyone use FlashEff in Zmags?
July 31, 2009 12:32PM
HI

Open an support ticket please. I am sure they will help you to integrate flasheff .
March 10, 2010 12:34PM
Did you get this to work with zmags?
March 30, 2010 03:02PM
iain,

Unfortunately we did not optimized the flasheff component for particular requirements as zmags has and I am not sure it finally work in those condition. However you could also try to open a new support ticket and ask the tech department if there are any chances to integrate our component under the zmags conditions.

zmags
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.