What is best way to trigger a Hide?

Posted by BruceND75 
What is best way to trigger a Hide?
July 18, 2009 08:07AM
I'm a little confused about how to use Hides. I simply want to have a movie clip Show (with a preselected FE pattern), then -- upon a button press -- Hide (with a preselected FE pattern).

I create a movie clip, drag the FE component onto the MC, and select both the Show & Hide patterns, while deselecting the 'autoplay' paramater on the Hide pattern (so that it now waits for me to tell it to do the selected Hide).

For the button, I am using a GoToFrame command. When the button is pressed, after 'going to frame', I want the above movie clip to perform it's hide.

What is the simplest, fewest keystrokes, approach to triggering the preselected Hide?

I think this is a basic function that I (and probably most users) will use very, very often, but the documentation is not clear to me on how best to perform.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
Re: What is best way to trigger a Hide?
July 20, 2009 05:50AM
In the function that the button event has triggered just use the following function:
FlashEffInstance.hide()
If you ever need to trigger the show function you should have something like this:
FlashEffInstance.show()
And if you ever need to stop a effect from animating you will need to use:
FlashEffInstance.removeEffect() or if you want to remove everything FlashEff related from your MC use FlashEffInstance.removeAll()

This are the most common FlashEff methods, hope it will help you.

-Ionut.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.