Paid for FlashEff2.0 but I get this message everytime. Now what?

Posted by mikekmikek 
Paid for FlashEff2.0 but I get this message everytime. Now what?
July 13, 2009 09:02PM
You are trying to change the effect settings of a FlashEff2 FREE component. To update your file automatically, go to FlashEff2 Panel and click Menu > Update fla for each file that you need to change. Before this, please make sure that you have installed the last version of FlashEff2.

How do I resolve this?
Re: Paid for FlashEff2.0 but I get this message everytime. Now what?
July 13, 2009 11:27PM
I'm new to this so just a guess.
I think you may need to remove the trial version and install the full version.
You can do this through the Adobe Extension Manager which should be in your Adobe folder.
July 14, 2009 07:39AM
Go to your account, download the latest version of the component and then install the mxp.
After the installation is complete restart Flash and drag the new component on the stage, you should get a alert saying that you are replacing a component from the library, agree and that is all you have to do.
July 15, 2009 03:37PM
Just a quick heads up: I downloaded the new file, and found the MXP folder. Since you didn't explain how or where to install it, I took a guess and double clicked the .MXP folder. It went through a bit of a routine and then the Adobe Extension Manager came up and gave me this message:
"This extension cannot be installed, since it conflicts with existing one. To install this extension, please try to remove the extension 'FlashEff2' which has been installed on 'Flash CS4', then install again."
I hit the OKAY button and it finished its routine and then showed the Extensions Manager dialogue box with the Eff2.0 extension highlighted with a REMOVE option highlighted. I hit the REMOVE button and it removed the extension. I then went to the top of that dialogue box and clicked the INSTALL option, found the new Eff2.0 folder in my Downloads folder and chose it to be installed. That did the trick.
July 16, 2009 05:50AM
Hi mikekmikek,

That error is not very common but can happen from time to time and when it does happen just remove the previous component and you'll be fine.
The installation of FlashEff is pretty self-explanatory as only Extension Manager can install mxp files.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.