Blinking Characters in Flash Eff version 6.6.1?

Posted by AdamCasey 
Blinking Characters in Flash Eff version 6.6.1?
October 22, 2008 09:07AM
I'm trying to animate some text that read's:
" We'll arrange to write off debt you can't afford"
The animation pattern is FET Alpha and the text box is dynamic and set to Anti-alias for animation.
However when I play the animation the first apostrophe is almost being masked in and out in parts creating an unwanted flicker effect.
Weirdly the second apostrophe is fine? Also some times when I play the animation back sometime tiny specs of the parts of the letters remain after they should have faded out completely?
Re: Blinking Characters in Flash Eff version 6.6.1?
October 22, 2008 09:18AM
Also the font I'm using is called FreeStyle Script and is a very swirly type of font. Maybe the problem is that the letter ' L' that follows the apostrophe is interfering with it as it does look to be fairly close but not touching.
Re: Blinking Characters in Flash Eff version 6.6.1?
October 22, 2008 09:27AM
Yes, I think that most probably the problem is the font you are using, Unfortunately we can't test FlashEff with all the existing fonts so we can't tell exactly if it will work on all of them. I think the problem is with the layout of the font since it's a script font and Flash doesn't return the entire size of the characters, so this is why parts of some characters are left out of the animation.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.