FLASH EFF BUG???

Posted by ukit23 
FLASH EFF BUG???
October 12, 2008 09:45PM
I'm using Flash Eff in an animated presentation, and, annoyingly, after creating a fairly complex series of animations, there seems to be some kind of weird bug popping up when I try to test my movie.

Sometimes I get the following message: "5005: Unknown error optimizing byte code." Others times the movie will play, but the Flash Eff effects will not work and the Flash Eff logos will actually show up on the screen and blink on and off.

It's strange because I've noticed that if I delete certain effects from my movie, it will fix the problem, but I have no idea what is causing this. The only clue that I have is that I noticed the problem pop up when I transferred the file between machines (both have working copies of Flash Eff). I also pasted certain movieclips from other Flash files, but I don't see why this would create a problem.

Can anyone give me some insight into this? I'd like to continue using Flash Eff in other projects but it's going to be hard to justify if it keeps popping up unpredictable bugs that I have no control over.:(

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 11:55PM by ukit23.
Re: FLASH EFF BUG???
October 13, 2008 06:24AM
The problem is that FlashEff is a component based on a lot of code (the FlashEff patterns too) and it is possible that Flash sometimes is not able to handle that much amount of code. The solution would be to turn off Flash's ActionScript optimizer: Publish Settings -> Flash tab -> ActionScript 3.0 Settings and in the dialog box that appears simply turn off the "Reduce file size and increase performance" option. Another solution would be to simply divide your complex animation into two separate .swf files.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.