having trouble with slideshow that is effected by button rollover

Posted by aml2326 
having trouble with slideshow that is effected by button rollover
October 03, 2008 07:05PM
Can anyone help??

i have a slide show that show 4 different slides each having an image and 2 text fields transitioning in(currently i only have 2 slides with the text but eventually all 4 will have it). I have it transitioning from slide to slide automatically button when the corresponding button is rolled over i need the slide show to go to that specific slide and then resume auto transitioning from the slide. I'm pretty close to having it work, right now when i roll over the corresponding button it does bring me to that slide and pick up from there automatically but only if i roll over one wait for that slide to finish transitioning in then roll to a different button. if i roll over the buttons quickly the slides start to overlap. This is my first project using flash eff so my actionscript might be a little off.

here is a link to download the fla because the file size is larger than the 614.4kb limit:
my fla file

Thank you very much for any help you might be able to provide
Re: having trouble with slideshow that is effected by button rollover
October 06, 2008 11:53AM
You should stop the effects when mouse rolls out of that specific button. Use removeEffect() or removeAll() for that.
October 06, 2008 02:44PM
i tried doing myEffect.removeEffect(); but that doesn't seem to be working the way id hope... is there a way to just stop the effect and not have to reapply the effect to the instance again
October 07, 2008 07:59AM
Unfortunately your code is quite large and we cannot spend too much time on it. I'm guessing there's something in that code that needs to be changed. If you would like support for this, please write to the support team (support [at] jumpeyecomponents [dot] com) but they probably have to charge you for it. Before doing that please take one more look at your code, maybe you'll manage to find the solution to the problem and won't need to get in contact with the support team and pay for consultancy services.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.