Component not shown

Posted by shinokada 
Component not shown
September 29, 2008 07:58PM
I just purchased Flash eff. I had a free version installed and it worked fine. I uninstalled it and installed the premium version. But after I installed the premium version, the components panel is empty. I restarted Flash and my computer, but no effects.

I am using Vista and only English.
I read the [www.jumpeyecomponents.com], but I found all the files in en folder.

I found the FlashEff and FlashEff Patterns under C:\Users\sh.okada\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\Components

I found FlashEff patterns .xml files under C:\Users\sh.okada\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\FlashEff

There are panel folder, xmls folder and effData.txt and effVersion.txt.

3. I found FlashEff panel under C:\Users\sh.okada\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\WindowSWF.

It seems all are in place and I restarted my computer. But it still does not show components.

Could anyone help me out here please?

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 10:58AM by shinokada.
Re: Component not shown
September 30, 2008 10:30AM
I've spotted the problem. The FlashEff component is a ActionScript 3.0 component which means it only works in Flash files exported for Flash Player 9 and ActionScript 3.0 (Publish Settings). In your screenshot of the Flash IDE, the new .fla file created has publish settings for Flash Player 6 and ActionScript 1.0. This is why none of the components show up in the Components panel.

Please set the fla file to export for Flash Player 9 and ActionScript 3.0.
September 30, 2008 10:57AM
Thank you very much.
It solved it the problem.
I appreciate it.
Component not shown
October 11, 2008 06:18PM
Hi,

I just bought the unlimited version of FlashEff. I did the easy correct procedure to install the component. When I create a new file in flash the component window is empty.
I have Flash CS3 but I have installed the french version. Would it be the problem?

Thanks.
October 13, 2008 05:55AM
Yes, it could be a problem if you are using a different Adobe Flash CS3 language version than English. For this problem, please refer to this post in our JumpeyeComponents knowledge base: http://www.jumpeyecomponents.com/knowledgebase/*-Flash-~-general-use-problems/After-installation-components-do-not-show-up-in-Components-panel~1051/.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.