Effect Disappears

Posted by flashmanburgess 
Effect Disappears
September 26, 2008 09:18PM
When previewing from within Flash CS3, my effects work just fine (in particular: FETLineBurnAndFlow), but after I export it and upload it to my server, the animation is gone. I have tried this in all browsers on both Mac and PC. Two movieclips use the same effect, but only the second clip shows up. Again it works just fine in Flash when previewing. Is there a timing issue?

Edited Note*

After doing some more testing, I've realized that there is an issue with the preloader. The flash movie above in question is being loaded by a preloader, and it's the preloader that seems to be causing the vanishing text. If I load the swf in a browser directly without using the preloader, the visual effect is there.

Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2008 09:37PM by flashmanburgess.
Re: Effect Disappears
September 29, 2008 06:23AM
It depends on how your preloader works. If you load your animations .swf file into another .swf file (the preloader in this case) you should check to see if the FlashEff component and FlashEff pattern have the "Export for ActionScript" and "Export in first frame" options enabled. Also make sure that the characters are embedded. You could also try to place the FlashEff component and patterns into the Library of the preloader, together with the font you use. It could be a problem of application domain, meaning that the loaded swf file searches elements in the Library of the lodare swf file (the preloader) and not in its own Library.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.