activate with mouse_over action

Posted by Vayu 
activate with mouse_over action
September 23, 2008 09:09AM
Hi.

I was wondering if its possible to activate an effect with the use of actionscript?

For instance, I have a button and I have a textfield. When I roll the mouse over the button I want the effect on the textfield to start.

I have placed the effect on the textfield and under Options I have unmarked the autoPlay. Can I then use an action to start the effect? something like myEffect.play(); This'll give me an error, but something similar?

Thank
Vayu
Re: activate with mouse_over action
September 24, 2008 05:36AM
The FlashEff component does not have any method called play. If you look at the list of methods the component supports, you'll find the show() and hide() methods. These will start the corresponding transition (show or hide) on the target symbol or text field. The show() method can be used only if there is a show effect applied on the object and the hide() method can be used only if there is a hide effect applied on the target object.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2008 05:39AM by negush.
September 24, 2008 09:04AM
Thanks for the tip negush!

So it is not possible to set the effect with the component manager first and then use actionscript to show and hide it? Its got to be either all actionscript managed or not at all?

In other words, is it possible to set the effect with the component manager and the do something like this.

var myEffect:FlashEff = new FlashEff();
myEffect.show();

Thanks in advance.
Vayu
September 25, 2008 05:42AM
Yes, you can set the FlashEff instance from the panel and then start it "manually" by code. All you have to do is to set the autoPlay property of the pattern to false (uncheck the autoPlay property from the Show tab -> Options tab or Hide tab -> Options tab). Once you do that, the FlashEff instance is set up but it will not start automatically. Then you can call myEffect.show() or myEffect.hide() whenever you want.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.