Flash Hangs on Chekcing Patterns

Posted by stacylcraft 
Flash Hangs on Chekcing Patterns
September 22, 2008 08:37PM
I am having a difficult time with a few issues. One, it seems that every time I add something and then test a movie or scene its a toss up wether the text/effects will work or will instead just sit there with blinking black boxes and the flash file stops recognizing stops.

I then go to to flash eff panel and try updating fla and when I do this, it goes to checking patterns and then sits, I haven't waited it out, but it was going for almost 30 minutes before I closed it. I have two scenes I am working with right now, and the second scene tends to work more often than the first scene. I can update the fla of the second scene fairly quickly.

I tried to copy and paste the frames from the second scene into a movie clip so I could easily place it in the official "scene 1" but that didn't seem to make the effects work for etiher portions. Any ideas!? I am frantic and working on a deadline!

If anyone would like to look at the file I can easily attach it in the future

-Stacy
Re: Flash Hangs on Chekcing Patterns
September 23, 2008 05:41AM
Hi Stacy,

Please make sure that all your target objects and FlashEff instances have different instance names. Also when using FlashEff with multiple scenes make sure you follow our recommendations from this post: http://www.flasheff.com/forum/read.php?23,491. If you still don't manage to make it work, please send over your files to the support team (support [at] jumpeyecomponents [dot] com) describing your problem.
September 23, 2008 03:39PM
The only problem with your file was that it was missing to FlashEff patterns from the Library: FETBlur and FETXYResolve. Once I placed them in the Library, the clip worked just fine. Also, the ActionScript 3.0 error message that appears at the beginning, it means that you have some objects on the stage that you have attached code to (some green buttons). This is no longer permitted in AS3.
September 23, 2008 06:12PM
I added these to the libraray and still get just blinking black boxes, if the two "sections" are seperated into different files they seem to work fine, but blinking black boxes together.
September 25, 2008 05:59AM
I've sent you the files on email, I hope that they help you out.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.