How to determine .transitionType when watching flashEff events?

Posted by robertnyc 
How to determine .transitionType when watching flashEff events?
August 14, 2008 11:09PM
I've seen this discussed before but saw no answer.

If I set up a handler to watch a flashEff instance I've put on the timeline (in the IDE), thus:

myFlashEff.addEventListener(FLASHEFFEvents.TRANSITION_END, transitionEndHandler);

when I get to the handler, how do I determine whether the transitionType is "show" or "hide"? (the handler fires twice, once for show and once for hide). I get "undefined" for the code below.

function transitionEndHandler($event:FLASHEFFEvents):void {

var fe:FlashEff = FlashEff($event.target);
	trace(fe.transitionType);
}

Thanks!
Re: How to determine .transitionType when watching flashEff events?
August 20, 2008 07:10AM
The FlashEff component no longer has the transitionType property and that's why you get undefined when looking for that property. You can only use a workaround in this situation, like a global variable that holds the current type of transition (show or hide).
August 20, 2008 09:01AM
I've talked to my colleagues involved in the project and according to them the next version will have a way to allow users to know the type of transition that has been executed.
August 20, 2008 02:37PM
That would be great. Do you know when the next version (including this) might be out?
October 03, 2008 08:32PM
Wow..
I am not sure why this was removed. It is absolutely key in using FlashEff itself to "chain" sequences together without using a 3rd party tween package. The transition event types are now pretty much useless unless only doing a single show/hide :(
October 06, 2008 06:25AM
The FlashEff component will have a new property that will tell you whether the current transition is show or hide. This property will be available with the next release of the component.
October 06, 2008 05:06PM
Is there a planned patch or smaller update that we can we can expect? I was under the impression that this property was available due to the way the other transitional pattern components work.

Thanks for the response today and for acknowledging the usefulness of this property. I look forward to the update!
October 07, 2008 08:04AM
We will launch the update very soon and this will be a major update for FlashEff.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.