some concerns (flash locking up)

Posted by lucidmotion 
some concerns (flash locking up)
April 28, 2009 03:22AM
Hi There,
I've bought 1 month of FlashEFF to try it out.

so far my main annoyance is that Flash CS4 locks up (and needs to be force quit)
sometimes while editing a parameter in the FLashEFF panel, sometimes on 'Test Movie'
while the SWF is trying to play back.

so for now I am saving often... but if there is anything else I can do to avoid constant crashes
I'd be much hapier using your product for longer than a month.
Re: some concerns (flash locking up)
April 29, 2009 08:07AM
I know exactly what are you talking about. My CS4 running on Vista crashes all the time. I think it has to be something that the panels loads in order for it to work. I managed to avoid the constant crashes by closing the Flash Eff Panel every time I'm done with it( close it by pressing the x in the right corner, won't work if it's minimized). Also, every once in a while minimize Flash, this way it will clear some space in your memory(test this to see what I'm talking about. Open task manager and look at the memory usage before and after you've minimized Flash).
April 29, 2009 09:14AM
I am working on a Mac (OS X 10.5 leopard)

I will try what you suggest (closing the Flash Eff panel when it's not in use)
though mostly I have been experiencing crashes while using the panel,
like when adjusting a parameter, for example, so it's not exactly a fix. but maybe it'll help.

not sure if 'minimising' flash will help on a mac.. but I will try it and look at
'Activity Monitor' (our version of task manager) and see if it has any effect...
April 29, 2009 10:44AM
I think the crashes are caused by the jsfl that the panel uses.
.jsfl files are used to add functionality in the Flash Authoring environment; they contain Javascript code and access the Flash Javascript API.
April 29, 2009 11:23AM
so if thats the case... is there a way to fix it?

because I would really like to use this plugin more
April 29, 2009 12:47PM
The new version will resolve this issue, just have a little patience.
April 29, 2009 12:57PM
I'm relieved to hear it may be fixable, I was worried it was maybe a problem with my system (an incompatibility with PowerPC hardware perhaps...)
I love my G5, but these days it gets harder to troubleshoot software issues with so few non intel macs around...

I look forward to the update, will hang in there in crashland till then,
Thanks forthr reply :)
May 03, 2009 02:40AM
I have the same issue with Vista. It's a shame that I have to use a laptop with XP on it to get it to work when my desktop that has 4 gb of memory and 2 26" screens with vista seems to complain about it. I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem.
May 05, 2009 01:56AM
When is a new version due for release just out of curiousity?
May 05, 2009 03:55AM
I just heard about a beta version being available?

I would love to try it. mainly to see if it crashes less than the current version I'm using.

what is required to become a beta tester?

Cheers
May 05, 2009 06:52AM
lucidmotion, I will send you the details to the beta testing but you will have to provide some feedback, we need to see how the new panels works with the machines that had problems with the old one.
I will send the details through the email address( the one that this user is registered in).
May 05, 2009 06:55AM
Great thanks, happy to give feedback :)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.