Minor upgrade available

Posted by kenny1 
Minor upgrade available
July 06, 2008 11:18AM
Just downloaded the latest Premium unlimited and everytime I access a pattern it throws the promt MINOR UPGRADE AVAILABLE and points me to my downloads page. I have verssion 3.1.1 installed and after downloading and reinstalling it is still 3.11

Any help would be sooooo welcome

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2008 11:19AM by kenny1.
Re: Minor upgrade available
July 07, 2008 06:23AM
This is a little weird since there is no version 3.1.1. The current version is 3.3.1 and the previous one is 2.2.1. We've tested the component and the patterns and they all seem to load just fine. Please try to reinstall the component but we recommend that you first uninstall your current version. In the package containing the component, there's an installation note, so please follow that note, after you uninstall your current version. Normally it should work. I hope it will, for you too.
July 07, 2008 09:23AM
My appologies, it is 3.3.1 and not 3.1.1 I have installed.

I Have uninstalled flasheff and reinstalled it and I still have the same problem.
I have also removed all other JUmpEye components. But still no luck.

Should I still be seeing the beta logo on the Panel or can this be a clue to the prob/em. The attached bits.jpg shows the error message and my current version.

BTW I am running Vista with SP1 if thats any help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2008 09:40AM by kenny1.
Attachments:
open | download - bits.jpg (82.5 KB)
July 07, 2008 02:24PM
I've talked to our programmers and according to them, it could be an Internet Explorer cache problem. You should try to clear the cache for Internet Explorer and see if it has any effect. If not, there is a text file installed by FlashEff in Flash's configuration folder, that contains the current version of FlashEff. You should send us this file on the support mail (support [at] jumpeyecomponents [dot] com). You can find the file in this location: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\FlashEff\effVersion.txt.

Hopefully, it's not something serious.
July 07, 2008 02:52PM
BIngo

Cleared IE cache and all is fine now. Thanks for the speedy reply.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.