Help on FlashEff working !!

Posted by harikumar001 
Help on FlashEff working !!
March 11, 2009 02:19PM
Hello,

I am really new to FlashEff and really sorry if this is a noob question. I do not understand how to use multiple effects in my flash file. For instance in Frame 1 I have an image an I have added the FESAlpha show and hide effect to it. I want a text to be displayed once the image in frame 1 has finished animating. How do I do that. I cant get hold of the timeline concept used here. How do I know when the first animation finishes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Help on FlashEff working !!
March 11, 2009 03:41PM
For the text that you want to show set the delay to match the effect duration, and it will start after the first effect was over.
Note: You need separate FlashEff Components to do this. Drag 2 components and put them over the image and the text. The text must be dynamical.
March 11, 2009 04:00PM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. So you mean to say that all the components should be in the first frame. If that is the case then in a situation where I want to show a fade animation on an image then reduce its alpha to 20% and then display the text animation over the image. How do I go about doing that?
Thank you so much.
March 12, 2009 10:56AM
FlashEff does not have a pattern that does that( reduce alpha to a certain alpha value) but you could use code to do that.
Lets say you have an effect going and you want it to go to a 20% alpha after it's done. To do this follow this instructions:
Get a image and make it a symbol. Drag FlashEff on to the symbol and name the instance name "fe"(without the ")
Select the component and the symbol and create another symbol by pressing F9. Name this one "bigMc".
Click the first frame and press F9 to open the action panel. Here paste the following script:
import com.jumpeye.Events.FLASHEFFEvents;
import fl.transitions.Tween;
import fl.transitions.easing.*;
bigMc.fe.addEventListener(FLASHEFFEvents. TRANSITION_START, transitionStartHandler);
bigMc.fe.addEventListener(FLASHEFFEvents. TRANSITION_END, transitionEndHandler);
function transitionStartHandler(evtObj: FLASHEFFEvents):void {
trace("The transition has started.");
}
function transitionEndHandler(evtObj:FLASHEFFEvents): void {
trace("The transition has ended.");
var myTweenAlpha:Tween = new Tween(bigMc, "alpha", Strong.easeInOut, 1, 0.2, 2, true);
}

This will wait for the current effect to end and then create a tween that will make the clip disappear.
I recommend creating a new symbol like I did with bigMc as if you will use a lot of instances of FlashEff you may receive some errors.
March 12, 2009 12:50PM
I've tried using your code. The trace calls in that it has recognised the start and end of the animation. The screen however does not hold on a 20% alpha. The image just fades to white. Any ideas?
March 12, 2009 01:20PM
I've attached a fla file that is doing what I've said earlier. Hope it helps.
Attachments:
open | download - Fade_to_alpha_value_FlashEff.fla (240 KB)
March 12, 2009 01:48PM
Thanks for the attachment its works a treat
March 12, 2009 01:57PM
Glad I could help. Let me know if anything comes up, your feedback is important.
April 21, 2009 11:55AM
hi there.. i need some help, is it possible to use flash eff in a nav bar, if so how do you do it so if works online?? I have linked the various pages of my site using the navigate to url command under the button tab, and this is fine when previewing the site in the browser, but when i upload the files the links dont work online!.. help! the site im working on is www.smartlift.eu, and the links dont work which looks really stupid just now!

Thanks,

Andy
April 24, 2009 09:59AM
@renton99

I have made an example of flasheff text button following the settings from your flaheff text buttons and it works fine for me (please click the link below in order to see my example).

[www.jumpeye.com]

You could open a new support ticket, attach your source files to it and write there a detailed description of your problem and shortly you will get an answer to it.
Please click the link below in order to open a new support ticket:

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.