Can I create patterns and effects using the panel, but start and stop using actionscript?

Posted by MLohrman 
Can I use the FlashEff panel to add what effects and patterns I want to a dynamic text box, but start and stop the animations using actionscript rather than the autoplay timer? Thanks!
You can start the effect whenever you want from ActionScript using FlashEffInstanceName.show(); or use hide().
You can also stop the effect whenever you want by removing the effect. This can be done with the following statement: FlashEffInstanceName.removeEffect();
MLohrman
of course...
1-from FlashEff panel choose your pattern and in option tab deselect autoplay property...
2-to start show or hide and remove the efect from action script, do as ionut sugested
I get an error when I try to run the movie...

1061: Call to a possibly undefined method show through a reference with static type flash.text:TextField.
Forget my last post, I tried out adding patterns and effects using only Actionscript and it worked fine. Only one thing not working correctly...I have a FESAlpha pattern attached to a dynamic text box. I can get the pattern to work, but the text starts off visible. When I show(); the effect, it disappears and reappears using the pattern. I want the text to be invisible until the pattern is applied. I tried settign the text box alpha to 0, but the FESAlpha pattern never shows it. Thanks for any help!

Edit: nevermind, found "targetVisibility" in the document file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 10:50PM by MLohrman.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.