Is there a limit to Flash eff instances in a scene?

Posted by moodmaster 
Is there a limit to Flash eff instances in a scene?
February 09, 2009 11:26PM
Hello,
All is good ...I have many effects in the fla working...one at a time...but adding another causes all eff not to work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 11:28PM by moodmaster.
Re: Is there a limit to Flash eff instances in a scene?
February 10, 2009 12:15PM
There might be a major problem caused by many FlassEff instances working at one, it may cause your animation to run slow. To make sure it does not throw the 5003 or 5005 error move the FlashEff component and the target in a separate movieclip(they have to be both inside the same movieclip)
February 10, 2009 02:07PM
Hi in response...[ ]
There might be a major problem caused by many FlassEff instances working at one, it may cause your animation to run slow.
[ right ....I have blank keyframes separating each one ]

To make sure it does not throw the 5003 or 5005 error move the FlashEff component and the target in a separate movieclip(they have to be both inside the same movieclip)
yes I have put blank keyframes so each instance is separated...in the time line

do you mean...when you make a mc symbol and in order to attached the component you first have to open symbol editing mode and then place the component?? it seems to work attaching the component to a mc on the scene stage....OR I don't follow your anwer...?
February 10, 2009 03:40PM
Sorry if I didn't made my self clear enough. Here is what you should do:
1. Create a new movie clip, make it a symbol and name it for example mc_1
2. Put the FlashEff component on mc_1
3. Select the pattern you want to use
4. After you are sure the effect works create another movieclip. Make it a symbol. Name it mc_2.
5. Take the mc_1 movieclip and FlashEff component, cut it from the stage(right on the selected group and hit cut) than double click the mc_2 movieclip and paste(right click and hit paste) it over there.

Hope this helps.
February 10, 2009 04:03PM
why do you have to make two mc symbols?

why is this not in the video tutorials...all it mentions is make a mc symbol drag the component onto it then choose a pattern and thats it!

why do I have 20 instances of the component working with 20 symbols now...?

so to make number 21+ I now have to nest the symbol with component inside a new symbol...?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.