Animations slow

Posted by alexmel7 
Animations slow
February 02, 2009 09:49PM
My flasheff effects seem really slow. I have the frame rate set to 30fps and I am using the preloader method described in these forums but i still have slow animations...

Here is where this is happening:

[wri.eas.cornell.edu]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2009 05:07PM by alexmel7.
Re: Animations slow
February 04, 2009 07:43AM
Hi alexmel7
I need more info on what effects and what settings you used so I can give you some adjustments.
February 04, 2009 03:33PM
1 instance of FESalphabars with settings 1 L2R, 1 braThickness, 3.4 group duration

Several instances of FESdesertillusion with settings wave size 100, wave intensity 130, blur quality high
February 05, 2009 07:43AM
The problem is that you are using a whole lot of Filters and effects on the same target. It might work better if you lower the quality of the blur and the quality of the reflection. You could attach your fla file and I will try to make some adjustments for you.
February 05, 2009 01:37PM
Thanks! Here is the link to my fla:

[link removed]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2009 03:33PM by negush.
February 06, 2009 08:26AM
I'm sorry but we had to remove the link. Anyways, I looked at your file and the main problem was that you were using the barThickness parameter from the AlphaBars pattern as 1, that means that you were creating many lines with the size of 1 px. Because you were using a rather big picture it had to create 600 x 1px bitmaps which slowed your animation. I can e-mail the changed file or you can change the settings yourself. Here are the parameters you need to be changed yo make the effect look like the one you wanted and still be fast enough.
barThikness: 5
groupDuration: 1.4
tweenType: Strong
easeType: EaseIn
tweenDuration: 1
You can use this settings or toy around with the settings.

If you need any more help please let me know.
-Ionut.
February 24, 2009 03:57AM
Thanks!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.