Missing Letters when transition completes

Posted by finespun 
Missing Letters when transition completes
January 19, 2009 03:40AM
negush,

My flash setup uses SWFs loading into swfs. I believe I have the application domain issues handled as I do see two of my flashEff animations, each in a separately loaded swf, animating. The second one, however, which uses FETBubbles is missing a few letter when it finishes.

Oddly, when I trace the .text property of the text field in my document class constructor, just before myEff.start() is called, and in the listener for TRANSITION_END, the correct full text of the textfield traces. But characters are missing in the visual display.

Kindly seeking guidance on what might be causing some letters to be omitted from the string when the animation complete and how to fix the issue.

I can send you a URL off-list to where you can see the behavior occurring if that would be helpful.

Cheers!
Re: Missing Letters when transition completes
January 19, 2009 03:43AM
Note: all characters ARE embedded, anti-alias type is set to animation, and the dynamic text field sits on integer coordinates...
January 19, 2009 03:21PM
Unfortunately i am not sure what exactly is happening. Please write to the support team (support [at] jumpeyecomponents [dot] com) about this and they'll try to help as soon as possible. For a better understanding of your problem should send them the source files too.
January 20, 2009 03:06AM
I sent this to support via email along with source files. Still no response.
February 11, 2009 04:28PM
Any answer/response to this issue? I'm having the SAME problem.

I downloaded the free version last night. I watched the tutorial video for the banner ad, and I was off on my own project. (I'm very new to Flash, but it was a snap.)

I have an animation where I am swapping out testimonial text. Each show has two boxes of dymanic text, and I embedded the characters. The first set is flawless. I then create empty keyframes and two other dynamic text boxes on a new layer... and this time the animation works fine, but one of the boxes of text is missing characters! I tinkered last night to no end... deleting the boxes and starting anew, etc. Still the same problem. Bizarre.

If I can get this issue resolved/understood, I'll be an easy sell on the full version.
February 11, 2009 04:35PM
The solution had to do with loading additonal swfs in a new ApplicationDomain instead of the current one.
April 22, 2009 09:48PM
I have a very basic flash animation, but when I preview the SWF ranomd letters are missing. I tried it in a new movie and it worked fine, but for the project ive been working on the letters still dont show up. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance.
April 23, 2009 09:38PM
Please use the Auto Fill option to make sure that you have embedded all the fonts from your textfield and let me know if the letters are still missing.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.