Making a slide button

Posted by s3wav 
Making a slide button
November 16, 2008 06:47PM
Currently using the free version to see if it meets my requirements.

I am trying to make a button/mc that slides.

This is how I imagine it should work, but can't figure it out. Someone may suggest a better way?
The mc, which I'll be using as a button, is 300 pixels wide (which includes some text), but only 50 pixels appear on stage, so it appears just as a tab (with no text on stage).
On rollover I want the mc to slide to the from left to right, to the full 300 pixels size, also revealing the text.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Re: Making a slide button
November 17, 2008 07:31AM
Unfortunately the component does not have button pattern that would do the sliding for you. However you could create a function that would do the sliding for you and call it when the user selects that movie clip. For this, you could use the command pattern FECCallFunction which would call your function that does the sliding and you can specify the event type when that function should be called (press, release, rollOver, rollOut).

Another solution would be creating two different sliding functions (one for sliding in to the stage and the other one for sliding back out), then apply a FECCallFunction on the rollOver event that calls your first function and apply a second FECCallFunction pattern (within the same FlashEff instance) that would call the second function on the rollOut event.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.