UITextField example does not work

Posted by martytx 
UITextField example does not work
August 11, 2010 09:18AM
Using Flash Player 10.1.82.76 and Flah Bulder 4.0, the example 3 Text show_hide effect does not work. If I change the UITextField to TextFiled, everything seems to work ok.

Should we be using TextField vs UITextField?
Re: UITextField example does not work
August 12, 2010 01:37PM
Normally works with both of them, but in your case I guess that depends on where you use UITextField (where you add it to the display list). Anyway I believe that the best decision is to use TextField if UITextField doesn't work.
March 07, 2011 05:24PM
Neither UITextField nor TextField are working in the example.
I just purchased the Premium Package. Loaded the example, added the .swc's to the Lib folder. Everything compiles fine, but running it just results in a blank page.
Yuck.
I can get the image effects examples working fine, but the Text example doesn't work. I purchased this for the text effects.

Using Flash Builder 4.0.1
Flash 10,1,102,64

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2011 05:26PM by user639621.
March 07, 2011 05:56PM
Never mind.
It started working.
I'm not sure why, but after messing around with it a bit, it suddenly started working. As far as I can tell, the code I now have is exactly like the example, but with TextField instead of UITextField.
March 08, 2011 11:22AM
Well, yes it seems that the example only works with TextField.
March 14, 2011 04:53AM
Would be good if you could update your sample code for folks who buy in the future. For this kind of $$ I'd expect it to work out of the box.
March 14, 2011 09:07AM
You are right, we will update this as soon as we can.
January 07, 2012 06:10AM
I am having the same problem - neither TextField nor UITextField works for text effects. I have now tried on both Flex 3 and Flex 4.5. So, this doesn't work anymore or what?
January 10, 2012 06:31AM
only works with embedded fonts - see my post in the other thread:
[www.flasheff.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.