Memory management in FlashEff

Posted by digitonal 
Memory management in FlashEff
November 23, 2011 01:43PM
Hi there,

Am having an issue with an instance of flasheff code component. I have a single dynamic textfield which is having a show and hide effect applied. On completion of the hide effect, the text field then has new text injected into it, flashEff.show() is called, it stays up for a few seconds and then hide() is automatically called again...and so forth. This basically loops ad infinitum. I was noticing considerable slow down after this is run for a while (i.e. 30 mins). Profiler is showing that memory usage is going up and up and the old textfields that are created by flasheff are not being garbage collected.

Is there a way of managing this, or forcing garbage collection, or will I have to remove and nullify the entire view to clear memory after each cycle?

Since this is for a signage project, it's vital that the application can run stably for hours at a time.

Thanks for any assistance or advice on memory management with FlashEff that the community can offer!

Andy.:
Re: Memory management in FlashEff
November 24, 2011 11:09AM
Please open a new support ticket, attach the source files and we will take a closer look at this and try to come with a workaround or solution.
[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.