Getting Flash CS5 FlashEFF2 ActionScript hints

Posted by andy2099 
Getting Flash CS5 FlashEFF2 ActionScript hints
October 28, 2010 06:38PM
Hi,

Its a little confusing to explain, but when I do ActionScript, i dont get any hints for the classes and everything associated with FlashEff.
What I mean is, once I start writing

"import "

, Flash CS5 gives me hints on the libraries I can import. But there is nothing for FlashEff - how do I add this manually? I know I can go to preferences , but I am not sure what to point to from there.

I can give screenshot if that sounded confusing.
Re: Getting Flash CS5 FlashEFF2 ActionScript hints
October 29, 2010 07:16AM
Here you can find the list with the imported classes for each pattern:
[www.flasheff.com]
October 29, 2010 03:43PM
Hi :) Thanks.

Sorry, my question was a little confusing. I do know where to find the imported classes paths, since they are listed in my library linkages once i drag them out of the component panel.

What i mean is, i am trying to get FLASH CS5 to Autocomplete my code. It Autocompletes for things like addEventListener and so on, but it wont autocomplete anything related to FlashEff. I am wondering if there is any way for me to make FLASH CS5 also autocompletes my FlashEFF2 codes.
October 29, 2010 03:47PM
Ergh...nevermind that. I am not sure how, but I knew it once used to autocomplete for me. Then it stopped. I thought thats because i applied an updated version. Anyway, i was working with it the whole day yesterday typing out each paths.

Today, after adding a filter from my component list, it suddenly autocompletes again for me. Now whenever i type import com, it gives me a whole drop down list of what options i have available for FlashEFF.

Thanks...if anyone knows what i should do to make it stay, please. :)
November 01, 2010 07:16AM
If you have the components in the library and declared in your code it should autocomplete.
eg:
var effect:FlashEff2Code=new FlashEff2Code()
addChild(effect)
November 01, 2010 01:57PM
thanks kneo :)
November 02, 2010 07:24AM
you welcome.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.