Animations from panel, control on AS3

Posted by leidivi75 
Animations from panel, control on AS3
September 02, 2010 04:37PM
I'm new to this marvelous tool but I'm having a little issue that I hope it's related to this post:

I'm trying to make some transitions between some symbols (and swapping in the way) but I can't seem to figure how to set an Effect with the panel (the FlashEff component) but controlling it's show and hide methods through code.

In simple words: I want to place some effects (show and hide) on my symbols but I want to fully control when these effects will be played through AS3. Is this possible? (please tell me it is).

(I've also looked through the "Use with ActionScript 3.0", but -1- there seems to be an issue with the swap method -as I saw on some other post- and -2- I wish to customize my pattern in the panel -more convenient- and control it directly by code)

Thanks a lot in advance, I really appreciate any enlightment
(DUE DATES are on my back).
Re: Animations from panel, control on AS3
September 03, 2010 01:58AM
My my my... I've already solved this issue...

Perhaps someone in my situation can find it useful so I'll post it here
(Also, if you see I'm doing something wrong, I'll seriously appreciate corrections).

Simply:
the little flashEff object instance that is attached to my symbol (the FlashEff2 logo attached to the top-left corner of the symbol) can be named in its properties. Then all you have to do is call that name within your AS3 code to manipulate it with its methods or changing the variables.

EX:
I have a MC called myDummy.
I attach a FlashEff component to it and configure its Hide and Show animations and whatnots (with the autoplay option unchecked, and delays set to 0)
Then I select that attached component and give it a name from the properties panel. (myEffectDummy)
Finally on my AS3 code I simply call the FlashEff component directly and I can control it:
myEffectDummy.show();
myEffectDummy.hide();
etc.

Thanks anyway :)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.