Flash CS5 - what am I doing wrong...?

Posted by chadlung 
Flash CS5 - what am I doing wrong...?
June 24, 2010 11:28PM
So I bought Flash Eff 2.0 a while back but only now have I installed and started using it for some projects. I went through the online tutorials but cannot get this working in Flash CS5. No errors, nothing. Here is a run down of what I do:

1. Create a new ActionScript 3 Flash FLA
2. Use the text tool to put some text onto the stage
3. Set the text to be "Classic Text" and "Dynamic" text
4. Press the "Embed" button and hit "Ok" (I've even tried clicking on all the available glyphs)
5. Drag the FlashEff2 component onto the text and I use a text effect like FallAndGlow
6. Run the Movie and nothing happens, I don't even see the text

Any help would be appreciated. I know it works with Flash CS5 since I've seen people on this forum using it. I installed the MXP (Version 5.2.5) back in the end of May beginning of June.

Thanks,

Chad
Re: Flash CS5 - what am I doing wrong...?
June 24, 2010 11:45PM
A quick follow-up:

The only text patterns I can get to work are the ones with the "Only for Flash Player 10" yellow ribbon on them (Twilight and Lightbeam). Those work but none of the other text patterns work for me. All the symbol patterns seem to be working.

Chad
June 25, 2010 07:32AM
I created a similar scenario with your details and for me it worked just fine.
Please open a ticket and send us the file you are working on.
June 25, 2010 10:18PM
Thanks, I've entered a support issue with a sample FLA.

Chad
June 29, 2010 06:57PM
For anyone interested in the solution it turns out you cannot embed the "_sans" font and that was preventing me from getting most of the the effects working in Flash CS5.

Chad
August 27, 2010 04:53PM
Hey Chad (or anyone else reading)

I'm having a similar problem, only I am still using CS4. My text patterns don't show up, except for the yellow band items (lightbeam and twilight). I tried what you had said and changed my fonts but that didn't make any sort of difference. Were you able to find anything else out??

Thanks,
Steve
August 30, 2010 01:22PM
Steve,

Unfortunately ii need to come with the same response.
I wasn't able to reproduce this issue. So, please open a ticket to our support team and attach the file in which you didn't succeed to create the text effect.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.