Animations are sooo slow

Posted by adasch 
Animations are sooo slow
February 23, 2010 04:57PM
Hi there,
I'm testing the Demo right now. Looks really easy to use, but my results are far away from looking good. the animations are SO slow. I mean it looks like it is playing with 5 frames per second (the fps-rate is set to 30!).
I have a fast computer (mac book pro, os x 10.6). How come??

thank you guys
adasch
Re: Animations are sooo slow
February 23, 2010 05:20PM
Are your animations applied to large bitmaps, or do you have many simultaneous animations going on at once? You could try your FlashEff effect by itself in a separate file to see if other things going on in your Flash file are slowing down the effect, rather than the effect itself.

I'm on a 3 year old MacBookPro and using smaller effects on text and buttons and it is not slow for me.

Also, check your Activity Monitor in your Applications->Utilities folder and see if some other application or process is chewing up your processor cycles. Sort by processor usage in the list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2010 05:21PM by ikanski.
February 23, 2010 07:28PM
Hi and thank you!
I startet a new project with no content but a textfield (about 200 characters). I tried different text-effects with the same result.
I'll try the activity monitor thing tomorrow. thanks.
March 05, 2010 07:03PM
ikanski Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are your animations applied to large bitmaps, or
> do you have many simultaneous animations going on
> at once?

I'm kinda concerned... I'll looking thru this forum as a new user having just bought the flash license. I don't see anywhere in the examples, knowledge base, etc about not working on large images. I have a fla file with a single 1280x1024 bitmap in a movieclip and am applying some of the effects. Some won't even render, much less run slow. Some happen erratically... some run super slow.

Really disappointing, what am I doing wrong?
March 08, 2010 09:50PM
wearemonsters,

Could you please let me know which are the effects you have tested and got those results. I will also test them an let you know how to improve the animation.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.