How to get random FlashEff text effects?

Posted by GaryHazlitt 
How to get random FlashEff text effects?
December 17, 2009 05:20AM
Hi all,

1st post on this forum so be nice :)

A quick question on the best way to get random effects happening on some text that is being pulled into a dynamic text field on a timer. So a simple 1) Fill text 2) Show with a random eff 3) Hold 4) Hide with a random eff - I have got the timer and 'character embedded' text working OK with a simple array but having no success making function calls to scripted versions of Eff using the FlashEff2 ActionScript Generator.

Really after the best approach for random eff, or having them also in an array to choose the random effects from a most appropriate list. This is primarily on text.

Appreciate ideas - have I missed an obvious preset in the Eff2.0 panel??

Cheers Gary
Re: How to get random FlashEff text effects?
December 17, 2009 11:07PM
OK so I have found some of the great demo scripts using flashEff2.text and effect.show() etc: Working fine on 1 and 2 text fields but would still appreciate anyone who could suggest a way to have random .text transitions.

I am currently importing (import com.jumpeye etc) about 48 of the valid text patterns, then created an array with their names in and trying to bring a random var of that array into the property field/var based on a replay function. Does this sound like the right way to go? My syntax is letting me down but still think there might be a better way?

Thanks Gary
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.