Text Patterns not working!

Posted by rizzn2k 
Text Patterns not working!
October 24, 2009 07:32PM
Hey FlashEff Team,

i purchased the Premium FlashEff2 License with the Coupon Nr i got.

The problem is the Text Patterns don't work. I can't see the effects on stage when I preview the movie. I used Dynamic Text fields with the correct Instance Name. If I use a simple symbol Pattern everything works fine. I can see it on stage.

So what can be the Problem, why my Text Patterns aren't workin..

Thx in advance!
Cheers

//EDIT:
Sorry guys I got it, forgot to Embed the Text. So you can delete this Topic. And thx for offering such a nice Tool!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 08:07PM by rizzn2k.
Re: Text Patterns not working!
October 26, 2009 11:36AM
The target TextField instance used by the FlashEFf2 component must have the following settings in order to work proper:

* dynamic text field type
* render text as html
* anti-alias for animation
* embedded fonts
November 02, 2009 05:16AM
I have created a dynamic text field, embedded the fonts, set to render as HTML and Anti-Alias for Animation. It's still not working. I've used FlashEff2 before and it worked fine, but for some reason, not now.

Symbol effects don't work either.

I created a brand new file and tried it and it works, but it does not work in the old file, despite the fact that it is an ordinary Flash AS 3.0 file.

I've figured out what the bug is. If the file is saved on a removeable Flash drive, it doesn't work. Only if saved on my local hard drive.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2009 05:37AM by mrdarklight.
SWC issue with FlashEff/FlashDevelop
April 20, 2012 03:33AM
Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread.
FlashDevelop 4.0 beta 2 and probably a lot of earlier versions didn't have the support for the .swcs in the folder. It?ll never show up for code completion at all. I love Flash; its a lot lighter than Flex (by the way flex .swcs don?t work for code completion in FD either) and I hated not being able to get code completion. Could you release a flash .swc that works with FD? Anyway the current solution which will take everyone 45 minutes of dragging/dropping to complete is to create a new .fla and drop every single FlashEff2 component and pattern into the library/stage then turn on the swc export option and publish. I?m only 20% through the list now and its taking forever but I did a quick publish test and I get all the codehinting I WAS expecting from FlashEff2. Please consider adding support as this to me is the defacto professional IDE tool for pure flash (no flex) dev (and open source to boot)
FlashEff2 panel is suddenly blank! (sometimes)
October 12, 2012 12:28PM
I am just starting w/ FlashEff2 and ammessing around w/ text effects.
Sometimes I see all the icon options displayed, and then-suddenly-
there all gone and I cannot create an effect. What gives?
October 15, 2012 01:13PM
That's probably because flasheff instance gets deselected on the stage. In order to see the effects in the panel, the flasheff instance needs to be selected.
December 13, 2012 02:28PM
Hi Kneo,

Im working with the Flash Eff 2.0 for the last 6 to 7 months, we use a licensed version and mainly we use this for the e-Learning projects. I face a strange issue, where the dynamic text field with the embedded text is visible but not the text effects. I follow all the necessary procedures like,
1. Flash file with AS3
2. Dynamic text field with the embedded character
3. Anti alias for animation
4. Render text as HTML

But still the text effect is not visible. This issue happens only sometimes and i used to recreate the file from the scratch to avoid this error. But, i dont find this as a good solution as i used to work on big files.

So please suggest me a solution for this.
December 20, 2012 09:51AM
Most probably the effect is not working anymore because the targetInstanceName is not set correctly. We saw that you opened a ticket so we will continue to investigate the matter after you will send us the fla file.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.