Antialias?

Posted by p1xelstudios 
Antialias?
October 14, 2009 05:46PM
Hi, i just wanted to know if there is a chance to use antialias for readability instead of animation, because the font im using (and many more) looks too blurry using "AA for animation", any solutions?

Thanks in advance
Re: Antialias?
October 16, 2009 02:46PM
p1xelstudios,

FlashEff's 2 text patterns automatically sets the target textField to anti-alias for animation during the animation, so basically you can choose the anti alias type only when a textField target is animated with FlashEff's 2 symbol patterns.
March 23, 2010 07:40AM
One workaround is to create a second keyframe down the timeline with AA set to readability. It's not hard to time it so that the animation "finishes" with the readable vesrion. So, for example:

1. Create text in frame 1
2. Set dynamic, embed font, etc.
3. Go to frame 15, insert keyframe
4. Go back to frame 1, add flasheff & text effect
5. Preview, and adjust timeline location of the second keyframe
May 20, 2010 03:31PM
I have a similar question/problem.

Our goal is like this intro on the earlier version (looks great and crisp!)

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]

This is what we have, it looks very icky.
[s289172629.onlinehome.fr]

What are we doing wrong?
June 11, 2010 10:48AM
troyworks,

Well, that is actually the way text appears when the text Anti-alias mode is set to the "Anti-alias for animation". As I mentioned above, the FlasHEff2 text patterns were deigned to apply the "Anti-alias for animation" mode by default in order to provide a smooth text animation which can not be achieved with other "Anti-alias" options. Unfortunately the "Anti-alias for animation" mode, could make the text to appear a little blurry and there is nothing you can do to change that. You could eventually set the flasheff's "isTargetVisbleAtEnd" property to true. In that way the original text from the stage will be restored after the animation ends. Also in this case you should set the target textfield Anti-alias mode to "Anti-alias for readability"

[www.flasheff.com]

[www.screencast.com]

I hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2010 10:49AM by florodebat.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.