Error: Text Pattern Over a Symbol

Posted by caopen 
Error: Text Pattern Over a Symbol
October 13, 2009 04:05AM
I'm getting the following error message:
FLASHEFF2 ERROR: You have placed a text pattern over a symbol. Please use a symbol pattern instead!

I thought I did everything according to the instructions. My text symbols are dynamic text with characters embedded. The photos are movie clip symbols.

Are they not allowed to overlap? What's causing this error?

Thank you for your time.
Re: Error: Text Pattern Over a Symbol
October 13, 2009 08:38AM
caopen,

that error message lets you know that a FlaashEff2 text pattern is applied over a symbol. To get rid of that message you will have to check each instance of FlashEff and make sure that the the patterns are correctly applied:

Symbol patterns over symbols
Text patterns over textfield objects
February 18, 2010 11:52PM
Same problem here... I'm trying the free version to see how easy it is to use in order to purchase the full. I want to do some text animation, however I'm stuck with the following error:
FLASHEFF2 ERROR: You have placed a text pattern over a symbol. Please use a symbol pattern instead!
Any help will be really appreciated!
UPDATE: I've finally worked this out! You need to apply the FlashEff component onto the actual symbol. I was creating the symbol then placing it onto the stage and then I was applying the component.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 12:02AM by mlaz.
February 24, 2010 10:18AM
mlaz,

Glad to hear that it finally worked! However I recommend you to watch the FlashEFf2 video tutorials in order to understand better how the component and FlasHEFf2 panel works.

www.flasheff.com/tutorials
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.